Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Black Issue


African American model Liya Kebede, October 2002 issue

As much as I love Vogue, I do not agree with the every African American female or male to be on cover and make it known as a black issue. So not cool. Seems a tad bit racist to me. This is an old vogue magazine but last year around September there was a controversial issue with "Black Faces", the white models painted black. Now what was the point of that? We have plenty of black beautiful models like Alec Wek, Selita Ebanks, Chanel Iman, Agbani Darego, Dani Evers, and maybe Naomi Campbell, she seems to have a MAJOR anger issue. Hell, African Americans started fashion sooooo long ago, I sort of forgot what year but I know it was in B.C. in Egypt; by the way Egypt is in A-F-R-I-C-A, not in Europe, therefore Egyptians are BLACK!


Karen Alexander, January 1989 issue

Question of the day.

No comments: